Charity work 2017-2018
We support a different charity each month. Locally, regionally and internationally.
- Mission Boxes
- McMillan coffee morning raised £800 in September 2017
- CAUSE Hampers-Staff contribute to giving Christmas gifts to local families in need. Christmas 2017
- Christmas Jumper day for Unicef raised £200 in December 2017
- CAFOD came into do a workshop on life without water. February 2018.
- Make a splash for CAFOD and UNICEF
- Book Aid collection on World Book Day
- Mission Boxes £346
- CAUSE Hampers-Thanks to staff for their generous contributions
- Christmas Jumper day for Unicef and CAFOD £97
- We shared our stage with St Barnabas Church.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning September 27th £600.39 was raised, thank you!
- Harvest Class Hampers donated to John Paul Centre.
- Mini Vinnies’ clothing collection was a huge success, raising £76.00 for school and £19.00 for the Starlight Charity.
- Well done Nursery with your sponsored Big Toddle, you raised £309 for Barnardo’s.
- Afternoon Tea and Treasure Hunt-Great to see so many families here for this event. £302 was raised for CAFOD. Well done to the Mini-Vinnies for organising the event.
- CAUSE Hampers-Thanks to staff for their generous contributions.
- Christmas Jumper Day for Unicef December 9th
- Coffee and choirs for CAFOD November 21st £181 was raised, thanks everyone, especially the Mini Vinnies.
- Harvest Class Hampers October
- Macmillan Coffee Morning September 27th £474.80 was raised, thank you!
Harvest Hampers for John Paul Centre. October 2017
CAFOD Family Fast Day 2017-non-uniform day £200
We have raised £1283 for the following charities:
We know we are part of a bigger family and as a school family, we take our role very seriously in developing our links in the parish and local community. We also look for ways to become involved in national and international projects and charity work so that we develop an understanding of our place in the world and of how we can make a difference. The charities we raise money for are chosen by our children, staff and governors. We only ever ask for small donations but are always overwhelmed by the generosity of our families and we are very grateful that they share our commitment in supporting those in need.
|Sport Relief||£130 was raised by children enjoying sporting challenges in March 2014, thank you everyone for your donations.|
|CAFOD||Many children put on their wellies and got digging for CAFOD on March 14th and £130 was raised!|
|Zoe’s Place||Over £200 was raised for this worthwhile charity, children enjoyed wearing their Christmas jumpers for the day!|
|The Mary Thompson Fund||Thank you again for your generous donations of tinned, dried food , soaps and shampoos as well as baby Items. Your donations make a big difference.|
|Macmillan Coffee Morning 25th September||An amazing £719.11p was raised! A big thank you to everyone who made the morning so successful.|
Have a look at the ‘In The News’ page on the website to see how our children are witnesses to our faith outside of school!